Independent Canadian ISP
Reliable, managed and unmanaged solutions for clients of all sizes.
The WIRE is an independent Canadian internet service provider established the year Mosaic added graphics to browsing.
Today The WIRE delivers affordable, reliable, managed and unmanaged solutions to clients of all sizes using state of the art equipment, Canadian-based servers, fast low latency bandwidth and timely, effective and personal internet support.
Provide reliable, well supported independent office internet services working closely with professionals and agencies that share our values:
- highly reliable internet services
- excellent support and personal service
- fair, sustainable pricing
- no over-subscription
The Executive Team
The WIRE offers you a team of highly experienced staff supporting a very diverse client base with a broad range of internet services and solutions.
Chief Technical Officer
With 20 years of senior application and administration experience, Kevin is the technical lead on the network, services and managed projects.
“The most satisfying part of my job is finding ISP or client solutions using existing technology in new and cost-effective ways. My focus is on maintaining uptime and security for my customers – it’s what matters most to them and to me.”
Kevin serves on the advisory boards of ARIN and the Canadian Network Operators Consortium (CNOC) and is a previous board member of the Toronto Internet Exchange (TORIX). Before The WIRE, Kevin directed technology at VR1 Canada and Circadence Corporation. In his downtime, Kevin is a WOW guild admin.
A 17 year veteran of the independent Canadian internet industry, Jonathan directs ISP sales and website development projects.
“We work towards that sweet spot of reliability, robust features, ease of use, simplicity and affordability. As a boutique ISP we specialize in personal service that is responsive to your network environment, staff support needs and budget.”
Before The WIRE, Jonathan worked in legal research, wilderness instruction and World League sports marketing. Since the birth of first child Sasha in 2004 with Alagille Syndrome and her death in 2006, Jonathan fundraises and volunteers for SickKids and served as parent co-chair of the Family Centred Care Advisory Council from 2011-2013.
- upgrade of our VOIP service adds more client management features
- new WordPress Security Maintenance service becomes our most popular new service
- a free SSL certificate is now included in all of our webhosting products
- website development using WordPress overtakes use of other content management software
- enhanced VPS service
- upgraded our online billing
- expanded managed router and firewall service
- launched new responsive website for The WIRE
- VDSL offers a big jump in DSL download and upload
- ExpressionEngine and WordPress responsive web development
- Kevin Blumberg elected to advisory board of ARIN and CNOC
- carrier service cable interconnect
- SHDSL in Toronto core
- data centre upgrade to lake water cooling and inert gas fire suppression
- Kevin Blumberg elected to advisory board of TorIX (Toronto Internet Exchange)
- add VoIP service
- email security and expanded colocation
- carrier service DSL and fibre interconnect
- control panel web hosting
- data centre move to 151 Front Street West
- ExpressionEngine and Drupal CMS web development
- email spam and virus filters
- business ADSL and SDSL
- server colocation
- Y2K remediation
- custom CMS and ecommerce
- upgrade from analog to digital modems
- database programming
- developed and sold Toronto.com
- secure web server certificates
- domain web hosting
- web page authoring
- dialup internet to offices, homes, institutions and government